Oh, my Gringo the crab cake is Chupalicious!
2 Gringos Crab Cakes
Third place winner of the Taste of America Chupacabra recipe contest
- 1 lb. lump crab meat-picked through
- 1 lb. claw meat-picked through
- ½ tbsp 2 Gringos Chupacabra Chop House Blend
- ½ tbsp 2 Gringos Chupacabra Cluckalicious Poultry Seasoning
1/8 tbsp Bayoulicious blackening seasoning
- 3/4 cup Pre-made crouton-breadcrumbs
- Pre- roasted-diced poblano & green peppers
- 2 cage free brown eggs-beaten
- 1 tsp Worchester sauce
- ¼ cup mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp stone ground Dijon mustard
- 2 oz red onion-minced
- 1 lemon zested & juiced
- 1 orange zested & juiced
- 2 oz fresh parsley -chopped
- 2 oz fresh Thai basil-chopped
- 2 oz fresh lemon basil-chopped
- 1 oz fresh dill -chopped
- 4 oz fresh shaved parmesan
- 1 tbsp unsalted butter-reserve for cooking
- 3/4 cup fresh parsley-chopped
- 3/4cup cilantro-chopped
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 shallot-chopped
- 2 garlic cloves-smashed & peeled
- 1 tsp red wine vinegar
- ½ cup olive oil
CHUPACABRA CRAB CAKE
- Pre heat skillet over medium high.
- Add all ingredients including crouton-breadcrumbs to a large bowl. Gentle fold together. Don’t break up the lump crab. Once incorporated press into 2-inch patties.
- Add butter to skillet. Once butter is heated add crab cakes. Cook 2 minutes, and flip. Cook an additional 2 -3 minutes. Remove from skillet, add chimichurri.
Add all chopped, and measured ingredients (except olive oil) into a blender. Turn the blender on and slowly add oil until fully incorporated.