Caramelized Onion and Cornbread Stuffing January 21 2015
- 2 Tbsp. Butter
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 6 Large Cornbread Muffins (cubed)
- Handful of Sage Leaves (chopped)
- 1 Egg
- ¼ Cup Heavy Cream
- ¼ Cup Homemade Chicken Stock
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. Chupacabra Rub and a tad more to sprinkle on top!
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Melt the butter in a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook, stirring, for about 10 minutes or until soft and caramelized. Add sage and scrape into a large mixing bowl. Add the cornbread pieces, Chupacabra Rub, and season well with pepper, and give it a good toss to combine well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the egg, cream, and stock and pour over cornbread mixture. Mix well.
- Now spoon into a buttered baking dish, and sprinkle top with a touch more Chupacabra Rub.
- Bake until hot and crusty on top, about 30 minutes.