Braised Chupacabra “Short Ribs” Recipes January 21 2015
- 2 Tbsp. Chupacabra Rub
- 4 Beef Short Ribs
- 1-2 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 Med. Onions (quartered)
- 2 Cups Rough Chopped Celery (with leafy part)
- 2/3 Cup Chupacabra “Marigate”
- 1 – 14 oz. Can Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 ½ lbs. Baby Red Potatoes
- ½ - 1 lb. Whole Baby Carrots
- 6-8 Bay Leaves
- Rub ribs with olive oil then season with Chupacabra Rub. Dredge in flour. In a pot, heat olive oil. Add short ribs and brown. 2 batches works best.
- Remove ribs. Add onion and celery. Cook until almost brown. Add meat back in and cover with 2” of water. Season with 2 tbsp. of Chupacabra Rub and add Chupacabra “Marigate” with hand squashed tomatoes and bay leaves. Bring to a simmer and let cook for 4 ½ - 5 hours.
- Add potatoes and cook for 30 minutes. Add carrots and cook till fork tender.
- Serve straight up, over rice, or over mashed potatoes.