Smoked Turkey Recipe January 21 2015
- Remove all giblets from inside turkey.
- Rub entire bird with liberal amounts of Chupacabra “Marigate” inside, outside and under skin.
- Season liberally with your choice of Chupacabra Rub or Cajun Blend in the same manner.
- Set smoker at 275 degrees. Place wood chips in tray and when they start smoking place the turkey in smoker.
- After 1 hour add 2nd round of wood chips and reduce heat to 240 degrees. After 4 ½ hours total check internal temp in thigh. Should be at 160 degrees.
- Cook about 5 hours total. When done remove from smoker and let rest 1 hour before carving.