Deep Fried Turkey Recipe January 21 2015
- 1 – 12 lb. Turkey
- 1 Bottle of Chupacabra Rub or Cajun Blend
- 4 oz. Chupacabra “Marigate”
- 2 ½ - 3 Gallons Peanut Oil
- With turkey still in wrapper, place in your fryer and add water until covered. Remove turkey and mark water line so you will know how much oil to start with.
- Remove all giblets from inside turkey.
- Rub entire bird with liberal amounts of Chupacabra “Marigate”, inside, outside and under skin.
- Season liberally with your choice of Chupacabra Rub or Cajun Blend in the same manner.
- Bring peanut oil to 250 degrees and slowly add turkey, increase heat to 350 degrees.
- Cook until internal temp at thigh is 160 degrees. Cooking time is 3-4 minutes per pound.
- Let turkey rest 1 hour before carving.